Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

It's Always Something

It is true that we have had a weird kind of winter this year. We have barely had any kind of winter weather here in Ohio. Imagine my surprise at this exchange:

Ring! Ring! 
Me: "Thank you for calling XYZ. This is Mindy. How may I help you today?"
Caller: "Hi. I'm over here in #682. My air conditioner won't work. I turned it on and it's not blowing cold air."
Me: "Uh. Okay."
Caller: "Well, when are you going to fix it?" She sounded exasperated.
Me: "Today is February 29th, Mrs. W."
Caller: "But it's hot in here!" W-H-I-N-E-EEEEEE
Me: " I'm not sure maintenance CAN fix it today. We usually have to have some consistent warm temperatures before he could re-charge it, if that is what is wrong with it. But I'll write up a work order."
Silence on the other end.  For several long, quiet seconds.
Me: "Are you still there, Mrs. W?"
Caller: "But it's 70 to 73 degrees in here!!!!"
I didn't want to be unsympathetic but come on!
Me: "Yes, okay. I understand. Why don't you open a window for a little while?"
Caller: "Oh, I couldn't do that. I never open windows. And my dog is just PANTING!"

I tell the Maintenance Tech and he goes over and finds a wire disconnected. Thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment