Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Art of Sale Doesn't Compare To the Art of Being a Mother

Today is a good day to be brutally honest, I think. Today is Mother’s Day and I would just like to say “Thank You” to the man who made me a mother, the one true passion in my life besides work. I used to say that my drawing was my second passion above work and behind motherhood; however, because I suffer from limited feeling in my hands, that part of me is somewhat stifled. Maybe I just lost my creative edge.

All I ever wanted to be, really, was a mother. I love children. I love everything about them: their curiosity, their truthfulness, their zest for learning, their energy! Their ability to believe is incredible and wonderful. They trust. They thirst for life and enjoy laughing, giggling and caterpillars. They long for the day when they become butterflies.

As a mother, I love teaching them, laughing and giggling with them, rubbing their backs as I sing them to sleep, watching them close their eyes with their lovely long eyelashes brushing their cheeks. As I watch, I realize there is a wayward tear gliding down mine. I miss those days.

So, today, I remember their birthdays, the ones that made me a mother, my two beautiful, wonderful, talented, intelligent, oh so funny, children who are now butterflies, flying to their own heights, making their own way in this wide world. Adults. Wow. When did that happen?

And even though this weekend I worked in the Leasing Office so that the Leasing Consultant could spend this Mother’s Day with her family, and even though I closed five leases, the high euphoria experienced at the close of the sale can never compare with being a mother, and I am grateful to their father who gave me the greatest joy I could ever know. Happy Mother’s Day to all those who mother someone or something in whatever way they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment