Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Sales or Consultant. Who Do You Hire?



I was meeting with a newly hired VP of Property Management when he asked me what I looked for when hiring or working with leasing consultants. When I answered that I look for a service oriented person no matter what the position is onsite, he quickly cut the conversation off and dismissed me. I thanked him and then turned back. (Not necessarily to get the last word, more to appease my gut instinct) I said I thought it was a mistake to look for the killer instinct salesperson.

When a leasing consultant takes on the role of only looking for the commission, I truly, with all my heart and gut, feel they will never take on the other duties of being a leasing consultant: looking at the best interests of the property while always considering how they can be better caretakers of the residents. It seems those that are only interested in the commission look forward to the next commission and never stay in the present moment of wanting to serve the residents they have “sold a bill of goods to.”

No comments:

Post a Comment