Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Loyalty



What does the question, “What’s in it for me?” do to the concept of Loyalty? In order to complete a business transaction, do you deal only with people you know, who have earned a place of trust in your heart, or is the opposite a more true statement?

Our Residents agree to live at our properties for a certain length of time and pay a certain amount of money for doing so. They may ask for “favors” which may or may not be granted based on our corporate policies. But ultimately, when it comes time to ask for the renewal, do our Residents accept quid-pro-quo concept only – meaning, we provide good service and take care of their need for a safe and habitable living arrangement and in exchange they will pay the rent on time – or are we guilty of that?

Perhaps our goal should be more of developing a loyal following rather than a rote following. I think I prefer to have Residents who willingly choose to live in our communities, who feel happy there and who want to refer their friends and family and colleagues than those who think and actually ask, “If I renew, will you lower my rent?” or “What are you going to give me if I renew?”

Intellectually, I understand that it is nice to offer someone a gift of sorts at renewal time, but if that is the only reason someone renews, is that a good thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment