Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

There's Nothing Wrong With This Apartment, I Promise!

We had a Resident leave the community after five years here to move to a retirement village in Florida. Her unit was actually reserved FOUR months PRIOR to her move out at the end of July. Then … something happened. The person who reserved the lovely two bedroom one-and-a-half bath downstairs apartment decided SHE was moving to Florida, too, and cancelled her planned move in here. Ugggh.

The Maintenance team quickly went ahead and completed the scheduled turn; new carpet was installed and I set about trying to re-rent it again. This apartment is located in such a nice part of the community, on “The Circle” with a Garage. There is a large patio, too, where one can sit and relax and watch the world go by, or, since it is right there adjacent to the Green Space, one could plop a net right there and have a rousing volleyball tournament. I mean, this is a super location and floor plan lay-out!

The apartment was next reserved for a move in date scheduled a couple of weeks later. Application and fees were paid. I no sooner had sent the gentleman his “Welcome to our Community” letter and move in paperwork when he called to cancel. What???? Since his cancelation was within my three-day cancelation period, I refunded his Security Deposit. (He didn't get his expected promotion.)

I placed an ad on Craigslist in addition to my other paid ILS listings. I received a few calls and set up showing appointments. They came; they saw; I somehow did not conquer. What is wrong with this unit???? Maybe it's not "it"; maybe it's me?

I next have a “Walk-In” who looked at the apartment, loved it, put in his Application and reserved it for an end-of-the-week move in (due to a marital separation.) This time I insisted on separate Application Fee and Security Deposit – just in case – and Good Grief! Is this apartment cursed or what? He canceled, too. Reconciled over the weekend and moved back in with his estranged wife. Okay – well, good for them. I’m not going to hold that against him. On to the next viable candidate.

This unit has seen so much action, a hooker would be jealous.

A nice lady came in yesterday, went to several other communities, called and reserved it with a credit card and faxed her Application to me late last night. Credit worthy – check! I am almost afraid to commit her to my computer accounting system until she actually signs her lease!

No comments:

Post a Comment