Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 3, 2012

Does Your Boss Value You and What You Do?

Today's horoscope states the following: "This is one of those days when your head and your heart aren't reading from the same adventure novel." (Uh oh?) "You may be feeling softer and more compassionate than you are acting as your cavalier behavior masks your vulnerability. Thankfully, you can regain your focus by looking within and exploring your motives for not sharing what's in your heart." (Hummm. Maybe I feel this way because my boss blew into town on Tuesday and during the course of the visit I attempted to have a heart-to-heart discussion about my goals, etc. and he just Did.Not.Get It.) "There's no need to hide behind a false sense of bravado; just be yourself," continues my horoscope.

Okay, so being the very understanding and patient person I am, I knew he was distracted by several important phone calls from his staff at the other Management Company of which he is President. So, I just 'finished' the conversation and wished him safe travels and easy flight when he left. I tried not to feel ignored.

The next morning he calls and starts in with he didn't understand my statement that "I don't feel like I have any value any more." He asks me why I would say that. He says I should approach every day as "Business as usual." I already so this, I tell him.

Then I hear his cell phone ring in the background, which he anwers. I hear him tell the party on the other end he will call them right back. He turns to our conversation and says, "I have to take that call. I will call you back in a few minutes." Today is Friday .... I have yet to hear from him. So, Dear Horoscope, why should I try to explain how I feel if the other person is not interested in hearing what I have to say?

No comments:

Post a Comment