Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 21, 2012

Home Is Where My Heart Is

What happens when you don’t like the company that buys your community? I mean, do you have an option of just not accepting an employment offer from the new owner/management company? What if you don’t have any other offers on the table? This is what I am facing now. And it’s tearing my gut up to the point that I want to scream, and cry, or God forbid, just give up. Or, do all three. I realize I am probably not supposed to be saying this, at least not out loud. L

I hate that this is all such a secretive thing. It is just not fair to have all these questions and no answers. Yes, ranting out loud, and there is nothing to do except continue the job search and try not to worry about what will happen to “my baby” and all the work that has gone into making this such a vibrant, fun community all while ensuring it keeps its charm and its quaint and thoroughly relaxing, peaceful feel.

I see the word bantered back and forth about the definition of community. Wow. Just come here! Oh! My eyes to the heavens soar – this place where everyone does seem to know one another, where if you’re feeling sick your neighbor will bring you soup. A place where I have wandered over to the neighbor next door to grab an egg out of her refrigerator because I stupidly forgot to buy some at the Kroger down the street (and who wants to have to actually put shoes on – much less make-up – to run to the store again?) A place where a couple of the neighbors sit outside with a flat screen to watch The Ohio State football game on the patio and down a couple of beers, laughing and relaxing. A place where there is clique of little girls sitting in the Gazebo giggling and playing. A place where when I am here on a UK Basketball Game Day, no one cares that the TV in the Leasing Office is televising the game and I am sporting my Blue! Go Cats!

If I cannot be at home in my house in Indiana, here is home. It’s where my heart is for now and I suspect a little piece will remain no matter what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment