Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Whadda Ya Mean, I Gotta Pay a Late Fee?

How is this even possible???? Rent is due on the first of the month. It has been like this every month on every property all over the United States, and certainly here at this property, and now, in the fourth year of this Resident’s Lease, she calls and says, incredulously, “I thought rent was due on the fifth!”

Yeah.

No.

The first of the month.

“There is a 3-day Grace Period, Linda. But the rent is actually due on the first,” I say.

“But the Office was closed yesterday!” she whines.

You know what makes me crazy? It’s the fact that any Resident thinks if the leasing office is closed for business on a national holiday, they are excused from paying their rent on time. I think I would rather have had her just say to me, “Oh, with the holiday, I forgot!” Maybe that would be a more honest answer than trying to pass off her mistake on to me as though it is my fault she is paying late and incurring a $75 Late Fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment