Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Pay Rent Or Live In Your Car

There is a couple who moved into the community this summer. They are professionals who belong to an athletic club (the kind that you pay dues for in excess of $200 monthly) and talk about their many adventures whenever I see them out walking. You know – just basically nice people. They’ve never been a problem.

The wife started “selling” a weight loss shake product and her husband is frequently inviting me to get involved with the program. Okay. They look amazing! When they moved in, I did not really notice either of them being overweight. However, after a couple of months drinking these shakes, I did notice they certainly were looking slimmer and trimmer. I saw them walking and biking daily. Now, me, well, I could stand to lose some weight. I mean, maybe my middle age has spread more than I care to think about.

Anyway, the husband came into the Office one day at the end of August to tell me his wife was doing so well that she earned a new BMW car, loaded to the gills with all the fancy features and decided to quit her job to boot. I congratulated him, declined his offer to join the Pyramid, and as he walked out of the office, I thought to myself, “Hummm. Something is not right with this picture!”

Yeah. Wait for it. The first of the month comes and no rent check is given. The second comes and still no check. I send a little reminder note. Eventually, the husband calls to tell me they will have to pay a little late this month, he’s as sorry as he can be, etc. I talk to him on the phone and let him know what the amount will be including the Late Fees. He is okay with that and everything is taken care of.

I couldn’t resist saying to him, “So, Ed, what is the issue? I mean, I hope this is not going to be a continuing problem.” Not that I meant to be rude, you understand, but I wanted him to know I am concerned.

After all, I know that BMW is nice and all, but who wants to live in their super tricked out brand new Beamer? Trust me, I hope he got the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment