Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 20, 2012

Let This Be My Mantra

I feel like a blade of grass. It doesn’t matter if you limit my intake of nutrients, cut me down to the size you want me to be or stomp all over me, I will still grow. I will still find a way to thrive in harsh, challenging conditions. I may have to lie dormant for a while, if I have to, to survive long term. I’m in it for the long haul. So, go ahead, walk all over me; I will eventually rise to meet a new day, bright, glowing, and green!

Let this be my Mantra.

This property management business can be tough. There are rough situations over which we may have no control. There are rude people; there are pleasant people. There are chronic complainers we’ve learned to see the charm in. There are Residents who don’t clean up after their pets, Residents who litter the property with their Taco Bell wrappers, Residents who drive past you and never wave or smile. There are bosses who expect too much and some who never give you the time of day or a moment of their time or a word of encouragement. But I decided long ago to be that blade of grass that chooses to dig deep and plant roots and learn to thrive through harsh conditions and wait for the rain. My day will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment