Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Yep, She Renewed ...

A year ago I wrote about the first BAD move in experience I have had to deal with "on my watch" so to speak. I was not happy about the situation but instinct led me to a reasonable solution to this rare situation. I also wrote about how that same Resident still would not speak to me, or smile, or wave when we passed on the property. I was pretty much convinced she would move when it came to renwal time. However, I also saw this as a challenge for me and the team to really rise above and prove this is a great community to call home. First of all, I truly feel this way, and second, the whole concept of what home is means a lot to me. It is my passion to create a warm, comfortable, safe haven for me and our Residents. So, we continued to wave to her, speak to her little boy when he got off the bus, and deliver excellent service to her. I sent out her renewal letter and held my breath. She came in the other day and renewed her lease for 2012-13. Never said anything positive or negative, but she seemed relaxed and comfortable and it went smoothly. Never underestimate the power of smiling and being friendly to your Residents and being there to correct a less than perfect move in experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment