Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Testimonials

Some days you just need a tea party and today was one of those. Lucky for me, I had the sweetest Aunt with her Great Niece available to do just that with this afternoon. What a pleasant surprise when a Resident happens to stroll into the Office accompanied by the loveliest of all little girls, a bright, happy, five-year old enjoying a beautiful summer day before the start of her first year in school. We drew pictures with my array of Sharpie Markers and she drew a picture for me and I drew a landscape for her and we sang songs. And laughed! And shared secrets as only girls do.

I showed her how the table lifted up and we ate cookies and drank "tea". We braided each other's hair and I enjoyed the company of a new found friend. Suddenly, the door opened and a couple came in who were looking for a new home and my new small friend told them confidentally, "If you live here, I can be your friend!"

What better testimony does anyone need?

No comments:

Post a Comment