Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 6, 2012

And You Call Yourself "Educated"?

A colleague (President of a property management company!) and I were talking the other day about budgets and reports. He stated he was looking over each Manager’s Business Plan. Since I am not required to submit a formal Business Plan, I was curious.

“That sounds so impressive,” I said.

“Not really,” he replied. “Most of these people couldn’t put together a well written paragraph if their life depended on it. I end up doing it.”

“Kind of defeats the purpose then, doesn’t it?” I asked. “How in-depth is this Business Plan supposed to be?”

“Just a paragraph or two about the property’s goals and objectives for the next fiscal year and how they plan to achieve them,” he said.

“Okay, so what’s so hard about that?”

“For you, not so hard. But you’d be surprised how hard it is for most people to put together a cohesive sentence!”

If you have a manager who cannot write a cohesive sentence, nor articulate a thought in writing, and these people are all college educated, I wonder what college is teaching people these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment