Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Be a Lifelong Learner. It's Free.

I believe with all my heart that we, as human beings, should embrace lifelong learning. I don’t think it matters what we learn, we just need to keep at it. I don’t think we grow if we tuck our heads into our arms and lay our heads on the table after dinner every night. I cannot imagine how anyone could advance in his personal development if he does not seek knowledge from others.

I remember when I was small and struggling to comprehend the fact that the world was not a safe, secure place, the one thing I clung to was my wish to learn to read. Instinctively almost, I knew that once I learned how to read, the magic of the written word would, not to be dramatic, but give me a sense of freedom. Once I did learn to read, I can tell you my books did indeed open up a new quality of life I never knew before. The written word provided hope.

This is why when I found out about a training opportunity being offered by a national multifamily training company, I posted about it on a Linked-In discussion group. Wow, an opportunity to simply let this group know you are interested and would like to learn – all you have to do is post your comment – should be hard to pass up. I know if I were a multifamily professional with limited means to learn how to do a better job, I would take full advantage of this offer! As it is, I take every free webinar and class out there and I pay for others, as well. Education is important to me. (Must be why I used to teach.)

Someone posted a comment asking how much I was being paid to “promote” this offer. Am I naïve? Is that the assumption these days that the only reason someone would share the opportunity is because of personal gain?

No, I am getting zero dollars for posting the link. Nothing expected at all! In fact, I am completely offended that someone is questioning the post. Come on folks! Isn’t this what you would call a true testimonial?

2 comments:

  1. I'm always behind anyone who wants to learn more. I've been in class the past two days, trying to learn new tips. I'm grateful people like you exist =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Missy! I don't think it is a waste for anyone to get a little "continuing Ed" to get some fresh ideas or a new approach. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete