Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Conferences Are a Great Way to Grow Your Career

Can I just say this? Right now, at this very minute, there are several state and national educational conferences occurring in the multifamily industry. In a week or two, there will be another one. This past summer in Boston, there was the National Apartment Association meeting. I wonder if the people who are fortunate enough to attend are happy to do so.

A couple of years or so ago, I attended the Indiana Apartment Association state conference. I enjoyed the entire conference. There was room for improvement, as there is at any conference, but you provide your feedback and I notice that this year so many of the educational topics sound on point and I am so unhappy that I am not there! I also remember there were a number of people who complained the whole time about being mandated to attend. Generally the chief complaint was time spent away from their families, the extra expense of traveling, and the amount of work they would need to tend to once they returned to their properties. I wish they knew how much someone who does not have this opportunity to go wants to go! Without the opportunity to learn, one does not grow. If one cannot grow in his knowledge base, one cannot implement innovative practices and will never see his career blossom. What a waste!

Next year, when the NAA is held in San Diego, I am going, even if I have to pay for it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment