Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

She Did, Too! I Did Not! Handling He Said-She Said Disputes

Here’s a new one for you – it was new for me, anyway, so I thought I would share. I had one of our Residents contact the Office to complain that their next door neighbor and she had gotten into some type of dispute. Apparently, the neighbor was allowing her to use their Wifi internet connection free of charge and had provided the password.

After the initial argument, the neighbor changed the name of their Wifi network to a less than complimentary name, something to the effect of “JaniceSucks%$#@”. This meant that when her twelve year daughter logged on later that evening that was what she saw as the new network name.  

When she discovered this, of course she was embarrassed and angry. Instead of confronting the neighbor though, she called both the local police department and the neighbor’s boss. Then once it all blew up out of control, she called me to “make her change her network name.”

I told her that FCC regulations do not permit me to order her to change her network name, number one. Number two, she should stop using the neighbor’s network and get her own service provider. I wanted to say, Grow Up, Too, but I did not think that would be appropriate either. I did contact the neighbor though and ask that she create a less offensive network name. Hummm, do you think changing the network name to "GetaLifeJaniceUB*%$^" is any better?



No comments:

Post a Comment